In our family, we really enjoy giving and receiving acts of service and love on special occasions. Our love languages are very similar; quality time, physical touch and acts of service. Yes, physical gifts are super nice too, we just prefer to buy those things for ourselves instead of for each other. I compiled a list of ideas that I’ve done in the past that are sure to make your man feel special and loved this Father’s Day and the best part is that they won’t cost you a dime!
12 Free Gift Ideas for Father’s Day
- Cook his favorite meal and/or dessert. Ask him what he’d like to eat on Father’s Day and make it for him. You have to eat anyway, might as well make it special for him!
- During the meal, ask your children to share their favorite memory of him. (If they aren’t old enough, just ask them to share why they love their dad so much.)
- Create a father’s day quiz – like this one – for your kids to fill out. Let your kids give it to him when he wakes up in the morning.
- Let him have a day of rest and pampering. Treat him like a king. Take care of the chores and kids, bring him his favorite drink, let him watch his favorite show or play a video game in peace.
- Create a relaxing environment, have the house clean, turn on his favorite music, run him a bath and have fresh warm towels waiting for him when he’s done.
- Give him a back massage, head massage or pedicure.
- Shine his shoes, re-organize his closet, iron his shirts.
- Create an online photo book or blog including photos and some of your favorite memories of him as a dad…maybe even include the moment he became a dad and the emotions you felt as you watched him with your baby.
- Take care of one of his chores; mow the lawn, get the oil changed in the car, take out the garbage, wash and vacuum the cars (Side note: I didn’t intend for these to be stereotypical men chores, but they’re the chores my husband does because I don’t like to.)
- Do something fun together as a family like go for a walk or take a scenic drive. Create new memories together.
- Show affection. Cuddle with him, hug him, reach out and hold his hand, wrap your arms around him throughout the day.
- Write him a love letter and express heartfelt appreciation for all he does for you and your family.
I’ll be picking a few things from this list for my man. I hope your Father’s Day is a very special one!